Often, we’re in such a hurry to work up a successful website that we forge ahead full steam. We get things set up pretty nicely then we look around and wonder about something fairly basic that it seems like we should know ‘by now’. When we look around, then, we’re established and have a bunch of people offering training at for a fee, but then forget that MANY tools and service providers offer their very own excellent training, for free to members. Google is one such example. Did you know they have many ways of learning about their services?
Main Google Links
- Google Analytics – https://analytics.google.com/
- Google Search Console – https://search.google.com/search-console
- Google Structured Data Testing Tool – https://search.google.com/structured-data/testing-tool/u/0/
Helpful Google Links for Understanding Search
- Google Search for Developers
- Getting Started with Search – Interactive survey to get to a spot of where it will help with what it thinks you should know!
- How Google Search Works
- Google Search Help
- Get support for your site
- Learn to make great sites
- Content Specific Guidelines – Offers information on
- Google Discover – THIS IS INTERESTING! If you format your content in a way that matches their specs, then Google may display your data in Discover. This is content that is algorithmically ranked by what Google thinks someone would find interesting! So not even based off a search per se.
- Googe Early Adopters Program – Get this – there’s one for 3D items.. everyone is saying to go to YouTube to increase your traffic. How about creating a 3D model or Augmented Reality (AR) for a user to see
Google Search Console Links to Turn in Problem Sites
- Spam Report – Pages that try to trick Google into ranking them highly
- Paid Links – Page is selling or buying links
- Objectionable Content – Page is inappropriate
- Malware – Page is infected.
- Other Google Products – Page abuses Google products other than Search, for example: AdSense, Google Maps, Google Drive, etc
- Something else – Page has other, non web-spam related issues
- Copyright or other Legal issues – Page should be removed under applicable law.
- Personal/Private – Page discloses private information
- Phishing – Page is trying to get sensitive information
- Rich Snippets – Page doesn’t comply with Google’s rich snippets rules.