If you notice that you’re not seeing any hits through Google Analytics, try using their mechanism to send test data.
This works great because if you’ve set up a filter to exclude your IP address, (and you should!) then you won’t be able to test by hitting the site yourself.
To send test traffic:
- Log in to Google Analytics
- Click the Admin option
- Select the account you’re noticing there are no hits on
- Click on “<> Tracking Info“
- Click on Tracking Code
- Next to your Tracking ID, you should see a Status area, where it may say “No data received in the past 48 hours.” and a “Send test traffic” button.
- Click the “Send test traffic” button
- Next, you can go back to the Analytics section and click the Realtime | Overview option.
- You should see at least 1 active users on-site